Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

How to Post a Recent Underwater Portrait of Myself

Started by ornate_wrasse ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

How to Post a Recent Underwater Portrait of Myself

5 posts
  1. Bonnie Pelnar took a photo of me in August at the UW Digital Photo Workshop in Cozumel. Thanks Bonnie!

    Amazingly, she used the photo of me on the Scuba Club Cozumel website link for the next workshop.

    She kindly sent it to me and I'd love to use it in this thread. However, I got an error message when I tried to post it here.

     

    What's the best way to post the photo here?

     

    I also noticed that sometimes a small photo is posted here (it says click to enlarge on the photo) instead of a large photo in the body of the post. I was wondering what the differences are between the method for posting the large photos vs. the smaller ones that a lot of posters used when posting their best photo of 2007.

     

    Thanks!

     

    Ellen

  2. is this the image ?

     

    if it is the code you need is

    [img=http://www.scubaclubcozumel.com/images/DSC7168.jpg]

    now rather than writing the code you can use the WYSIWYG editor in the ADD REPLY area

    that of course links directly to the Scuba Club Cozumel website .. a bit rude. Etiquette says you should host it on your own and use that.

    I like to use Flickr to host my images for free.

    This Thread Here highlights how to use Flickr to host your images. It's a nice easy service where you upload them and then link to the URl or web address of the image.

     

    the Small Attached Images, they are attached directly here at Wetpixel. It's the lazy method. It also uses Wetpixel Server space instead of free image hosting space, which would make it harder for you to share with other friends. If you want to attach that way.

    instead of using the 'FAST REPLY' button use the 'ADD REPLY' button. in there you will see a WYSIWYG editor (which looks like word and also has the above shown method of inserting images using a button that looks like a photo of a tree)

    Below the TEXT ENTER area you will see a FILE ATTACHMENT area, click the BROWSE button find your photo on your computer, then click ADD THIS ATTACHMENT

     

    other instructions were mentioned HERE

    Edited by Giles
  3. Hi Giles,

     

    YES, that's the image! Can't imagine how you found it. :guiness:

     

    I do have a gallery of my own and I was trying to link from my gallery but I got the error message:

     

    You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif, an invalid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gif

     

    I think I may have taken the url at the top instead of properties. I just got a new MacBook Pro and having a hard time figuring out how to "right click" onto properties when linking to that photo from a post.

     

    Thanks for the great tutorial on putting photos in posts!

     

    All the best,

     

    Ellen

  4. You said you are having trouble "right clicking" with you new MacBook Pro. Well, obviously, most Mac mouses (mice?) only have one button. Just hold down the mouse button for a second and a screen will pop up with all of the "right click" options. If you are using the mouse pad, just do the same with the click button.

  5. If you are using the mouse pad, just do the same with the click button.

     

    Like this? Thanks for the help on the Mac mouse pad technique :guiness:

     

     

    COZ_FRANCESSA_08_07_035s.jpg

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.