Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Doubilet photo

Started by Luigiv ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Doubilet photo

4 posts
  1. Good day,

     

    I'm a professional photog from South africa, a couple of years back I did some underwater portraits and fashion with a Nikonos V. I now want ot get an Ikelite housing for my 20d or 5d eos.

     

    I'm also looking for a photo by David Doubilet, my friend don't believe me that such an image exist. It's one of his typical above/under water splits, showing a great white below the water and a boy on a surfboard above the water, unaware of the rising shark.

     

    if anybody can direct me to a website where i can look at this picture again I'll be greatfull.

     

    thanks Louis

  2. Here is his personal website. You could also contact them through the website. I am not familiar with the shot you mention.

     

    http://www.daviddoubilet.com/

     

    Cheers

     

    Todd

  3. The photo is entitled Young Fisherman With Tiger Shark, Mexico 00177

    and is here, then scroll to the right.

     

    I'm also looking for a photo by David Doubilet, my friend don't believe me that such an image exist. It's one of his typical above/under water splits, showing a great white below the water and a boy on a surfboard above the water, unaware of the rising shark.
  4. Here is his personal website. You could also contact them through the website. I am not familiar with the shot you mention.

     

    http://www.daviddoubilet.com/

     

    Cheers

     

    Todd

     

    Thanks. I found the image, in his portfolio under "sharks". But not as dramatic as i remembered, the boy is a fisherman not a surfer and the shark is a tiger not a Great White. still, great shot.

     

    L

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.