Heros actress Hayden Panettiere braves angry fishermen to help save the dolphins
With some scary video.
Read-only discussion
Heros actress Hayden Panettiere braves angry fishermen to help save the dolphins
With some scary video.
It is a disgusting thing indeed. I love the Ocean, its creatures and everything about it. I also love terrestrial animals. There are equally appalling atrocities carried out toward the great Ape species, Elephants and others. This will become a heated debate wherever one discusses it.
Personally I think we as a species have become so fixed on making a buck these days at the expense of everything and everyone around us. Speaking out about these things is fine but so long as people, organized people, are making millions of dollars it won't end.
Sad situation.
Cheers,
Mark.
That's sick all right, I spoke to a Japanese camera man about it recently and he said that it was tradition but it does not really need to be done in this day and age and the bad publicity it is creating by the handful of fisherman doing this every year will cause the government to ban it soon. Also more and more people of Japan are finding out about it and don't like it either.
The guy going off at the start of the clip though reminded me of a encounter I had of a rec fish head in Exmouth- Ningaloo once who got pissed at me filming him cutting the jaws out of a shark once on the beach. I really thought I was going to get stabbed
Just let them all die out and educate the young ![]()
Personally I think we as a species have become so fixed on making a buck these days at the expense of everything and everyone around us. Speaking out about these things is fine but so long as people, organized people, are making millions of dollars it won't end.
saying things like this is just accepting that there is nothing we can do, and should accept that before we even try.
bullshit. don't lay down. get up and go and fight. THATS how we change things.
i'm so sick of apathy within the diving community i really feel sad every time i see something like this posted in response to a thread like this.
mark
saying things like this is just accepting that there is nothing we can do, and should accept that before we even try.
bullshit. don't lay down. get up and go and fight. THATS how we change things.
i'm so sick of apathy within the diving community i really feel sad every time i see something like this posted in response to a thread like this.
mark
Yes, sometimes there is a sick feeling of helplessness... Not sure if it could help... Following the the advise on http://www.savejapandolphins.org/takeActionContacts.html,
I wrote the following to http://www.kantei.go.jp/foreign/forms/comment.html
Year after year I have watched tv footages of the slaughter of dolphins in Taiji & cried everytime. In 2007, I have decided that I can do something, even if I am not Japanese, I am Singaporean. I have decided that I would not patronise Japanese restaurants in Singapore, I would not tour Japan (as much as I would love to visit the on-sen & Hokkaido), I have even stopped watch Japan Hour. Isn't it time for the Government to do something? A good Government will be able to help bring long-term benefits to its people, slaughtering of dolphins is really short-sighted - like killing the golden goose to get the eggs. The Government could help the local fishermen to turn Taiji into an eco-tourism haven! The fishermen can earn more money by bringing tourists to watch the dolphins! Please help...
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.