Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

How to create a thumbnail ?

Started by bartusderidder ·

  • 16Posts
  • 16Replies

Read-only discussion

How to create a thumbnail ?

16 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    Not sure whether I should post this here...

     

    I did a search on the forum but without result.

    How do I create a thumbnail? I tried the different buttons in here, but all I get to see is a square with an "X" in it and " IBP image". :)

     

    Thanks in advance,

     

    Bartus

  2. If you want to attach a message, you can use the file attachments option in the editing screen (this is not available in the fast reply screen). The size of the attachments is limited, but I assume you know how to resize it in photoshop or other program.

     

    If you want to add an image by the "insert image" button (the little tree), then you add the url of a picture, that you stored somewhere on the web already. The latter one is preferred, because it won't cost wetpixel bandwith.

     

    Gerard

     

    1809714785_661322a145_m.jpg

     

    PS: or maybe you placed the pictures on a site that isnt open for non-subscribers?

    Edited by Cerianthus
  3. Hallo Gerard (Noorderbuur),

     

    Thanks for your explanation, but perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough. I'm talking about a thumbnail where it says "Attached thumbnail(s)" and the miniature version of the pic shows in a grey frame (click to enlarge).

    As in this post

     

     

    Bart

  4. Just attach the file to your post. (see "File Attachments" under the text area when composing a message)

  5. Just attach the file to your post. (see "File Attachments" under the text area when composing a message)

     

    Thanks, Eric :)

     

    And thanks Gerard too lol....seems I didn't read your post properly (maybe I shouldn't try combining Wetpixel with work ;-) )

    Edited by bartusderidder
  6. Maybe you shouldnt work in the weekends :-)

  7. My schedule allows me to be up chatting with people in Europe and Asia. :)

  8. Maybe you shouldnt work in the weekends :-)

     

     

    Haha, I'll try that as argument when my Chief asks me for my roster wishes for the upcoming month(s): sorry, can't work weekends, need to do Wetpixel. ;)

     

    Does that also mean I can tell a patient: Sorry, you can't be sick in the weekend ;-) :):(

  9. Hi Bartus!

     

    Post deleted by Dan

     

    [this is the content that resulted in Dan's suspension. he deleted it afterwards. -moderator]

     

    Does that also mean I can tell a patient: Sorry, you can't be sick in the weekend ;-) :):(
    Edited by Dan Schwartz
  10. Bartus:

     

    you need to BE the chief!

     

    (This is a joke, by the way: I now have to arrange trips a year in advance to get time off my clinical work, despite BEING one of the chiefs!)

     

    Make sure that the files are only about 100kB if you upload them; over 500kB/post they won't be accepted. Having said that, I seem to have a lot of 300kB images...

     

    post-4522-1194793650_thumb.jpg

     

    (131kB)

     

    Tim

     

    B)

  11. Hi Bartus!

     

    May I suggest a tighter crop for your "avatar"

    <<<------ (which is this picture to the left)?

    And perhaps not so blurry?

     

    ;):guiness::guiness::blush:;):):(

     

    To Eric, all other moderators and any member of Wetpixel who might feel I'm completely out of line here: I apologize for the tone of what's to follow but with the comment above I'm let no choice !!!! Never have I gotten personal on this site, but this triggered it.

     

    Dearest Dan,

     

    I all honesty, I don't see the point of your comments.

     

    In the first place you didn't contribute to getting an answer to my initial question (how to get a specific thumbnail).

    Secondly, your comments are by no means related to the comments that followed by Gerard and Eric, they are just a random meaningless comments.

    Thirdly, I DO know what an avatar is, thank you very much indeed !

    4th, Why would you even make a suggestion that I should alter my avatar or make a thighter crop and not use a blurry one (not everyone owns a 39MP MF camera - that btw- you haven't even taken UW yet. As far as I know you only have very basic diving skills). What if I happen to like this picture?

    5th, The explanation of your avatar is of no interest to me AT ALL, and I consider that rabbit of yours shark food. You keep posting personal stuff in all kinds of threads that is completely irrelevant and have an attitude of "look who I know, look who I can refer to, look who my gf is, look what knowledge I have...."

    6th, Please don't ever show up in Lembeh (or in any other top dive sites for that matter), and if you do when I happen to be there, I'll make sure we do a dive a the northern or southern end with an OUTGOING current....

     

    Final conclusion:

    I have recently diagnosed Wetpixel (It used to give me many hours of interesting reading pleasure) with a new disease: 'Irritating Poster's Syndrome' (IPS). It's caused by a multi-resistant agent (meaning it is not affected by comments or suggestions from moderators or other forum members). IPS is also known scientifically as 'Dan Schwartzitis'.

    Within the medical world there's an expression: "Ubi pus, ibi evacua".

     

    I rest my case, now that I've probably managed to irritate some members myself...

     

    PS: btw, Mr. Schwartz, your ' is in the wrong place. There is no such word as Peoples. It should be People's.

    Edited by bartusderidder
  12. Bartus:

     

    you need to BE the chief!

     

    (This is a joke, by the way: I now have to arrange trips a year in advance to get time off my clinical work, despite BEING one of the chiefs!)

     

    Hi Tim,

     

    Thanks for the reply. Guess I'm going to stick to using the url, rather then uploading the pic and using Wetpixel's bandwith.

     

    I must be crazy as I'm going back to that hectic clinical life :) . I have a relaxed office job with a medical assistance company at the moment.

     

    Regards,

     

    Bartus

  13. Bartus - I've suspended Dan's posting privileges for 7 days. I used the "warn" feature of this board; if it doesn't work, let me know and I'll do it a more formal way.

  14. Bartus - I've suspended Dan's posting privileges for 7 days. I used the "warn" feature of this board; if it doesn't work, let me know and I'll do it a more formal way.

     

    Hi Eric,

     

    Hopefully that gets the message across....there's none so deaf as those who won't hear :)

  15. EDIT: Or are you such an childish amateur that you can't stand it when someone gently critiques your avatar picture, while NOT saying it looks like a 2nd grader shot it with a webcam?

     

    I understand you want to react.

     

    But why would you want to make suggestions about anyone's avatars in the first place, especially if it has NOTHING to do with the post at all. It's like meeting someone for the first time and telling them they look ugly or are dressed awfully. And you're surprised people are upset and offended????

     

    You have been warned already by several moderators in this forum for posting irrelevant stuff. It seems like you didn't get or want to get the message. I didn't even want to react to any of your posts in the last couple of weeks (before your entry Wetpixel was a peaceful place)....until today you crossed MY path. So I spoke my mind !

     

    I am an amateur indeed, but I have taken my camera underwater, which is something you cannot say thus far, Mister Dan.

  16. OK, i did it the proper way. Dan has been suspended so he can't edit his posts to communicate.

     

    Dan - this is about disrupting conversations. that's all. you drove a conversation off topic again, and i've had enough. In a week, we'll see if you can integrate into our community here properly. If not, I'm going to ban you and your ip address.

    Edited by echeng
Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.