Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Sample AVCHD file?

Started by echeng ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Sample AVCHD file?

6 posts
  1. Hey, does anyone out there have a sample AVCHD file I can download an play with? I want to see what happens when I try to use it on the Mac. A lot of the news on the web is old, and I'd rather figure out what's going on myself.

  2. Hey, does anyone out there have a sample AVCHD file I can download an play with? I want to see what happens when I try to use it on the Mac. A lot of the news on the web is old, and I'd rather figure out what's going on myself.

     

     

    MAy have gotten hold of one (or the access to one.... )

     

    question is, Eric - how big do you like it? :):(;)

     

    my upload speed is half a Meg / second (bits not bytes..... I wish!)

     

    let me know, eh?

  3. The bigger the better! I'll take whatever you can get me. :)

     

    Um. If it's not too sensitive, you can upload to http://mihd.net and PM link to me. If you'd like everyone to have access to it, just post the link here.

     

    Thank you!

  4. The bigger the better! I'll take whatever you can get me. ;)

     

    Um. If it's not too sensitive, you can upload to http://mihd.net and PM link to me. If you'd like everyone to have access to it, just post the link here.

     

    Thank you!

     

    Someone came in last night looking for a housing for his SR7 and U/W videography / Final Cut training..

     

    so - pretty much, as I haven't done it yet - you'll probably get a shot of me picking my nose and scratching my bum..... if that's alright...... thinking of it, actually, that IS a pretty sensitive maneuver init? :):(

     

    bare with me, he'll be back inside of a few days with it....

  5. Hey, does anyone out there have a sample AVCHD file I can download an play with? I want to see what happens when I try to use it on the Mac. A lot of the news on the web is old, and I'd rather figure out what's going on myself.

     

     

    FWIW (and you probably have seen some of this already, but figured I would throw it out there just in case)

     

    iMovie Camera support as of 10/31/07

     

    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306171

     

    And some info on Final Cut ( a bit more dated, note 6.01 is needed for AVCHD )

     

    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305997

    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305833

    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305831

  6. Yeah, I've read all that stuff. What does "support" mean, anyway?

     

    Some folks are saying incoming video gets transcoded to Apple Intermediate. Some are getting frame dropouts. Some say it works perfectly.

     

    I'd much rather test it out myself. It's the only way to be sure. :wacko:

    Edited by echeng
Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.