Bibble vs. ACR getting strange banding with Bibble
Started by Scuba_SI ·
6Posts
6Replies
Read-only discussion
Bibble vs. ACR getting strange banding with Bibble
6 posts
Hi,
Im getting some wierd banding when i use bibble (newest version).
I originally used ACR but just got bibble as it allows the use of noise ninja in the first step of conversion.
The ACR file was done ages ago, the colour changes are done with white balance. The bibble image is more true to life in its white balance setting.
The patchwrk effect is not what im looking for, i search for 'bibble banding' on google and got search results mostly for 'bible bands' so i'm stuck at the moment!
Thanks!
Did you try posting on the specific bibbleforum. These are the search results for banding:
own ideas: is it there with sharpening turned off?
I think i found it... i was using Bibble to upsize my images rather than my own action in photoshop. after exporting at native size then uprezzing in ps things seem ok.
Do a lot of people use Bibble? It's my first time and it seems a lot better than ACR CS2, and a little better than ACR CS3.
Thanks anyway!
obviously me, my bretagne underwater shots (see flickr link) are all converted in bibble. The disadvantage to me is that it puts quite a heavy load on my system, so the previews take a while sometimes making the image selection not as fast as in rawshooter. The conversion itself is very fast.
I resize (smaller slize) in Bibble, but the sharpening in Bibble is aimed at capture sharpening. For web, I do a sharpen batch in faststone.
the tool kit is very extensive, especially with all the plugins from Sean. (see www.nexi.com, quite a lot are free in the basic versions)
Capture One baby!
I tried the free Capture one that came with a Sandisk card a while ago. one advantage is that the previews are faster. although i liked the program, there are functions missing. The main one for me being able to use at least a 3 point rating/tagg system and straightening tool. I'm sure the pro version has that all, but as i am not a pro: I'll rather spend the 400-500 euro's on a nice lens.......