Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Ikelite View Finder Problems

Started by rbailey ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite View Finder Problems

2 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I'm struggling to see my shutter speed and aperture at the bottom in my view finder :wacko: through my Ikelite housing.

     

    On scuba this wasn't a problem but now I'm using an rebreather and the mouth piece is making it difficult to get close to the housing. (For those that know RB's it's an Evolution, no BOV and standard screw, not narked at 90 stud.)

     

    I've got a black low profile mask :) but it still seams like I'm getting a lot of light into the housing which is making it difficult to see.

     

    I was wondering about masking the back / top of the housing to stop stray light, what do people think.

    (With soft black plastic, not tape to avoid solvent problems.)

     

    Anybody got any other hints / tips.

     

    Many thanks,

     

    Cheers,

    Richard B.

  2. The adhesive from tape would not worry me at all on polycarbonate. If it helps at all I would go for the tape, trying to secure bits of floppy plastic sounds like a pain in the ....

     

    I believe that there are several ensuring that the Ike 8" dome does not come unscrewed using tape.

     

    Paul C

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.