I am back off to Lembeh in April/May and want to go there this time to get some half decent shots. When i was there previously I only had a point and shoot and got some " ok " shots.
I now have a Canon 350D in a Sea and Sea housing. S & S shutter activated focus light, twin YS 90 strobes, Canon 60mm macro. I have used this set up on a couple of trips and I am happy with the results. I added a Woody's dioptre to the set up for a recent trip to Sipadan & Komodo and again was fairly happy with most of the images.
What I would like to know is:
Should I invest in an alternative lens for getting more than 1:1 which is what shots I am after, or is there another way to achieve better magnification without having to buy another lens. I am restricted to weight as I am flying with Singapore and am already 4kg over the allowed limit. Bearing in mind that they charge £42 per kilo for excess baggage I would prefer an option that keeps my weight down.
Stew Smith