Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Olympus E330 custom white balance "WB NG try again" error

Started by Sharkyjones ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus E330 custom white balance "WB NG try again" error

1 posts
  1. Hi

     

    Can you help me with a question. On many other cameras I'm used to simply pointing at a white card and setting white balance and getting reasonable results.

     

    But with my new oly It will never let me do this (except with flash) I keep getting WB No Good which all the manual says is that the light is too far from balanced tto adjust for - e.g. I'm often shooting in greenish water. But even on good clear days I still get this.

     

    The result is that my photos look washed out and colourless, or I photoshop them and then they look too highly coloured / often red spots coming out and don't look natural.

     

    I'm getting very annoyed with my system on natural light.

     

    1. More thing, 2 days ago - I'm at 34m in sarawak and I get a perfect shot on a large barramundi cod (rare as rocking horse manure here) only thing is flash seems to fire sometimes and not others even if it is charged - shooting on Oly Fish portrait mode, very annoying.

     

    Any helpful advice ?

     

    Cheers

    Sharkyjones

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.