I think I already know the answer to this, but let's ask anyway. I have a UK-Germany D60 housing, and upgraded my D60 to a 10D, which doesn't quite fit (and even if it did I could no longer control flash exposure compensation or ISO while U/W, which isn't acceptable). So far I've seen no indication that UK-Germany is going to build a 10D housing, and even if they do it probably won't appear until next year. I pinged that dude in Canada who deals the UK-G housings, but no response so far.
So, with an apparent uptick in the housings being built for the 10D (Subal and Jonah that I know of), would it be possible to get a new housing and use my UK-Germany ports with it? And if so, how about my strobe housings? I assume not, but I seem to remember Eric using some other manufacturer's ports with his UK-G housing.
Assuming that doesn't work, does anyone know if these new 10D housings support using housed Canon system strobes with their own stuff? I truly prefer them to a manual setup (yes, e-ttl works really well -- seriously, it does).
Thanks, I have a few months before my next big trip and I'm weighing my options.