Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Macro framers Tips and Tales (Tails?)

Started by JackConnick ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Macro framers Tips and Tales (Tails?)

6 posts
  1. Started this as another thread to be org-gan-ized (ha!)

     

    Boy, I'm in awe of the anenome fish, the 2x S&S framer arms are sort of clunky. Cyber: so you just add tinfoil on the lower strut coming from the camera as a reflector? Hmm, maybe little fill cards to either side of the arms and a really tiny gaffer to hold them :)

     

    Had a little luck in Truk when the light was fading:

  2. I've had better luck with a 3x S&S, I take the vertical arms off, sometimes I crop their tails...

    Taken last week here in Puget Sound at night, this is a Red Irish Lord.

  3. Funny you should say that about leaving off the arams etc. I lost my 3T close up framer (Fell of lens in Kenya in 94) I used it for three years without anything but judgement and got great results!

     

    Here's the original 1st shot of the Anemone fish on Abu Dabab Egypt in Oct 97. Taken with the Nikonos.

  4. Can someone explain to me ignorant what Macroframer are good for. How do they help?

     

    Simon

     

    P.S.: Bob pls answer my PMs ;-)

  5. Framers are a simple device allowing the accurate "Framing" and focusing of subjects outside the capability of an external viewfinder whilst using macro extention tubes. This only applies to non-SLR cameras like Nikonos, Sea & Sea etc.

  6. Ok I unserstand its to use when the paralax gets to big when you go very close to a subject in macro.

     

    Thanks Simon

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.