Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

SNUBA/hookah & photography

Started by Dan Schwartz ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

SNUBA/hookah & photography

2 posts
  1. I'm following site policy and started this thread, instead of adding this into the housing discussions.

     

    My father, who is an experienced diver with over 20 years under his belt keeps talking about the SNUBA diving he sees some people do. Also, there is something called hookah diving.

     

    My question: Does using an above-water air supply help when handling a bigger UW camera housing? What do the video boys do with their bulky housings?

     

     

     

    Note 1: My father would probably go on this trip and dive with me, depending on his recovery from having 3 discs replaced in his back last week.

     

    Note 2: Although my SCUBA diving skills are at a "resort class level," my father sat in on the classroom training & watched over me during the pool training (East End of Grand Cayman), and said the training quality was pretty good.

     

    Note 3: I've contacted WP member & dive instructor Heidi Connel about poolside dive instruction here in the NYC metro area where we both hail from; with the open water dive to be down on Grand Cayman.

     

    Note 4: I've contacted Cathy Church's UW Photography school for lessons in underwater photography.

     

    Note 5: Because of what I've posted above, I am reasonably confident that I'll succeed in UW photography.

  2. Does using an above-water air supply help when handling a bigger UW camera housing?
    No.

     

    What do the video boys do with their bulky housings?
    Same thing we all do with our housings. The primary liabilities are above water. With video, large housings can be advantageous underwater.
Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.