Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Strobes for use with Fuji S2 and Ikelite Housing

Started by cmm1970 ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Strobes for use with Fuji S2 and Ikelite Housing

8 posts
  1. I am considering assembling a rig with a Fuji S2 SLR back, Ikelite housing and 2 YS-90DX strobes with dual sync chord. First question is: Does Sea and Sea make a dual sync cord that will work with the Ikelite housing(5 pin for YS 90DX) and secondly is this a bad idea for rig set up. If so, what would be better choices. Thanks for all of the opinions.

     

    Mike

  2. The Ikelite S2 housing has an Ikelite bulkhead installed where you would plug in your Sync cord.

     

    I'm not sure what types of sync cords Sea and Sea make, but if you can get a dual Ike to Sea and Sea cord, those strobes will work.

     

    If you don't already own strobes, then I KNOW that there are dual cords for Ike housing -> Nikon Strobes and for Ike Housing -> Ike strobes.

     

    As a last resort, you can use one of the discontinued Ikelite/Nikon T-cords with two single Nikonos->Sea and Sea cords.

     

    Does that make ANY sense???? :-)

     

    HTH

    James

  3. I am considering assembling a rig with a Fuji S2 SLR back, Ikelite housing and 2 YS-90DX strobes with dual sync chord.  First question is:  Does Sea and Sea make a dual sync cord that will work with the Ikelite housing(5 pin for YS 90DX) and secondly is this a bad idea for rig set up.  If so, what would be better choices.  Thanks for all of the opinions.

     

    Mike

    Great idea but buy your sync cords from Ikelite not Sea & Sea.

     

    If you don't own the strobes, I personally prefer the Ikelite strobes, but if you own the Sea&Sea's they are good as well...

  4. Before I bought my D100/Aquatica I called Ike and his sales dept told me I couldn't use my YS120s with the S2 housing. Made the difference in my purchase decision.

  5. Heh, dbradley used her YS120 with the S2 on her last trip... sounds like a communication problem??? Maybe she was just using it as a slave...

     

    Cheers

    James

  6. re: communication problem

     

    I doubt it - I was pretty clear. I do believe that it is doable, but I figured that if the support people didn't have a clue I didn't want to go that route.

  7. No, I didn't mean you Kasey.

     

    Cheers

    James

  8. I have also asked Ikelite this question and they came back with a categoric 'NO' to using the Sea & Sea strobes with the S2 housing.

     

    Unfortunatley i no longer have the e-mail.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.