Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Noise Ninja

Started by joeyfishes ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Noise Ninja

9 posts
  1. Hi All,

    Some of my solid backgrounds shot with my d70s are pretty noisy even at 200 asa. Thinking of trying this program. Anyone using it ?

     

     

    Thanks

     

    Joe

  2. Noise Ninja is the best NR software I have used. It can get pretty complicated to use if you are inclined to use all it's features - I use the defaults because I have not had the time to learn all it's nuances, and it works great.

  3. I love NN. Make sure you download the profiles for your camera.

  4. Thanks guys for the info

     

    Joe

  5. thumbs up for Noise Ninja. I'm a big fan of it. Just be careful of not going overboard with the noise reduction else your subjects might start looking very smooth/ artificial.

    Edited by pakman
  6. thumbs up for Noise Ninja. I'm a big fan of it. Just be careful of not going overboard with the noise reduction else your subjects might start looking very smooth/ artificial.

     

     

    thanks

     

     

    jd

  7. Niksoftware's Dfine 2.0 is another noise reduction software that is available... I have both Noise Ninja and Dfine 2.0 and there are advantages with each..Both are available on a trial download basis.... I suggest you download both, try them out and see which one works the best in your workflow.

     

    imasleeper

  8. I was introduced to NoiseNinja on a dive-boat in the Red Sea, and I haven't looked back. I tend to process each image as a one-off profile, rather than using a preset, and in the filter dialogue often use a 1-pixel radius and 150USM sharpening (with no in-camera sharpening of RAW files) and the noise reduction parameters (strength, smoothness and contrast) each left at 10.

     

    My most de-noised image from a D70 is this one:

     

    post-4522-1196284207_thumb.jpg

     

    (strength and smoothness pushed up, contrast down and sharpness 100 at 0.5 radius.

     

    Bright blue water was noisy with my D70, and I often used strength 14, smoothness 14-15 and contrast 8 for that.

     

    Tim

    B)

  9. Thanks Tim I will try those settings

     

    Joe

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.