Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Housing for EOS-D10 ?

Started by Tahooma ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Housing for EOS-D10 ?

12 posts
  1. HI There !

    I plan to buy a new digicam, but i also want to use it underwater.

    I `didnt find any housings for this cam.

    Are there any or are any planed to be on the market soon ?

     

    Thank you for your help

     

    Tahooma

  2. I'm interested in this camera as well. Have you had any luck outside this forum? I was going to contact some of the housing manufacturers to see if they have one slated for production.

  3. S&S says be patient, will let us know when they let us know.

    Ikelite doesn't have its D60 housing out yet, but said 10D out in a couple of months

    Light and Motion - waiting on return email

    Gates - no plans at this time

    Amphibico - don't see any still camera housings

     

    Others?

  4. HI There !

    No luck outside, thanks for your information so far.

    Would be nice if you let me know if you get further details !

     

    Regards

    Tahooma

  5. Subal will be coming out with a 10D housing around July.

  6. Any idea on cost? Do they have strobes, rigging, etc.?

  7. I presume the Subal will be similar in price to the D10 (for Nikon D100). Base D10 housing is around $2900 US.

     

    Regards,

  8. Then there's UK-Germany, which rumor has it will build a 10D housing -- I have the D60 flavor, the 10D doesn't quite fit, but some others find that a 10D fits in their d60 housing. My mileage varied and that makes me a sad panda.

     

    There's also the housings Ocean Brite will be selling (see news on this site).

  9. I am also considering this camera. Jonah is making a housing for this camera that will be sold by Oceanbrite in the US that I am very interested in. Should be available for purchase in August. See the Oceanbrite ad on the wetpixel news page. Oceanbrite has sent me a flyer on the housing. Price is $1700 plus dome port. Available ports are 8" for 15mm, 4" for 20mm and Macro for 50mm and range in price from about $200 to $450. Zoom lenses are not yet supported but should be "soon" according to Oceanbrite.

     

    Also rumored to be out soon is a housing for the EX550 strobe. Otherwise, the Jonah housings have Nikonos bulk heads.

     

    I have not been able to find a review of Jonah housings however. Housings are out for the EOS 3 and the Nikon F100 but I have not found anyone to talk to about them.

     

    My guess is that Sea&Sea will produce a housing soon to accomodate the 10D given the minor modifications necessary to the D60 housing they already sell.

     

    Would love to find a review or hear opinions about the Jonah housings. If you fidn out something please post for us all.

     

    Hope this helps, at least a little, with your search

  10. Got the email back from light and motion and to my dismay, they don't have plans to do a housing for the 10D and pointed me towards a D100 instead. A related question, I saw on echeng's site, he has a dome port for his s&s housing, is this preferrable to the housing it ships with and why?

  11. Lenses with a field of view wider than ~28mm should be used behind a dome port for best results.

     

    Cheers

    James

  12. Thanks for the info James,

     

    I've got the whole lense mess ahead of me. I'v been shooting mostly video lately and going back to stills, I haven't kept my equipment up. I used to shoot a Nikonos 3, but it got flooded a number of years ago so moving to a regular SLR and housing, I have to start from scratch. The wife is not going to be happy :)

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.