Just bought a used Nikon F90x SLR with Ikellite Housing and Ikellite Substrobe 50.
Going to Stingray City next week to shoot some fast action; can anyone please recommend which camera settings i should use for this? Manual or Aperature Preferred? Fstop and Shutterspeed?
Thanks in advance
jec
Film... err.. just about remember what that is, but would think someone will help you, all I can say it you probably wont need to use the strobe there, it's shallow and can get very sandy, the strobe will highlight the sand particles. some stingrays.
I wouldn't bother with your strobe unless it's a very cloudy day; put your camera on shutter priority, bracket your shots from 1/125 to 1/250th, assuming you are using ISO 100 film. You need the speed to freeze the motion.
Cheers,
Marli
kriptap and scubamarli's advice is spot on....Don't be afraid to try "odd" angles, too.
It's a blast.......And I'll be doing it next week!
Enjoy
dhaas
Great question! I'll be there the week after next - can' t wait to see some pics!