Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Great equipment buying experience @ uwdigitalcamera.com

Started by webhead ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Great equipment buying experience @ uwdigitalcamera.com

3 posts
  1. HI, I just unpacked new camera/strobes etc. I ordered from Yuzo at

    http://www.uwdigitalcamera.com/index.php (in Japan)

    I'm in Canada and usually do my online shopping from US, but tried out this shop/site,

    and am impressed enough to actually bother to write a positive review (*rarely* happens...).

    Q&A via email, responsive, lots of patiently given advice on my options, all aspects of transaction smooth. Oh, and did I mention great prices... Thanks Yuzo!

    All I'm saying here is that the *buying experience* was excellent, not saying anything about the equipment or warranty... Japanese warranty means I'd have to ship it back there if a problem, but I'm ok with that as I'd generally have to ship it somewhere like US anyway...

     

    :)

  2. Similar experiences here ! Yuzo is simply the best !

    I live in Belgium, (Europe) and taxes on UW toys are ridiculously high. I've made several online orders with him and thanks to Yuzo not adding an invoice to the package (on my request) and sending it as a gift I was even able to avoid import tax :) (comparison INON close-up lens M67 costs about 70 euro at Yuzo' and 170 euro on a German website....that's 100 euro !!!)

     

    Answering questions and giving suggestions don't seem to be a nuisance.

     

    At one time I was looking for a piece of equipment for a DYI thing...emailed Yuzo, he told me he had the thing I was looking for (metal ring of a close-up lens, without the actual lens)...he offered for FREE, just had to pay shipping costs :-)

     

     

    Another happy customer here :-)

  3. I have just received some new ULCS arms and Inon lenses from Yuzo Kanda. Not only are his prices far better than any in Europe, but his service is absolutely spot on.

     

    Unfortunately, Yuzo shipped the wrong ULCS arms, which I spotted on his emailed invoice before the goods arrived. "No problem, I'll send the correct ones. Please return the others in the FedEx envelope I'll send". How refreshing! Normally, when a UK supplier makes a balls up, you get a "send the incorrect ones back (at your expense!) and when I receive them I'll think about sending the replacements next Sunday fortnight...

     

    Yuzo quoted, shipped and delivered from Japan to the UK before a UK supplier could even be arsed to reply to my enquiry...

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.