Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

If you are in Key Largo December 1st

Started by StephenFrink ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

If you are in Key Largo December 1st

8 posts
  1. A buddy of mine, and the entire Key Largo dive community's, died in a free diving accident leaving behind a wife and unborn child. We are doing a fundraiser for them Saturday night, Dec 1st, beginning at 6:00 PM. Itialian dinner (courtesy local chef Jim Boilini), drinks, Silent Auction, and Upper Keys premiere of a lovely 21 minute film by Bob Talbot and Pete Zuccarini (DP for "Into the Blue" and other Hollywood movies). $50 donation to the cause gains admittance, all proceeds to Mike's family. All being staged outdoors at the Key Largo Community Park. Hope to see you there.Mike_Poster_Revised_11_23.pdf

    Edited by StephenFrink
  2. Hi Steve,

    I can't be there but will be happy to donate something, can I send a check to you? Any specific account?

    Jeff

  3. Hi Steve,

    I can't be there but will be happy to donate something, can I send a check to you? Any specific account?

    Jeff

     

    Thanks Jeff. Very nice gesture. Write to: Michael R. Smith Memorial Fund" and send to me at:

     

    Stephen Frink Photographic

    PO Box 2720

    Key Largo, FL 33037

     

    I'm sure Kim Smith, and the unborn (affectionately known as "Itty Bitty Smitty") will be deeply appreciative.

  4. Stephen,

     

    Do you have an email address to send Paypal donations? info@StephenFrink.com ?

    How about IttyBittySmitty@StephenFrink.com ?

     

    Thanks Jeff. Very nice gesture. Write to: Michael R. Smith Memorial Fund" and send to me at:

     

    I'm sure Kim Smith, and the unborn (affectionately known as "Itty Bitty Smitty") will be deeply appreciative.

  5. Stephen,

     

    Do you have an email address to send Paypal donations? info@StephenFrink.com ?

    How about IttyBittySmitty@StephenFrink.com ?

     

     

    Sorry, no PayPal. However, anything over $10,000 call me and we'll figure it out :)

  6. Gee, I was going to donate this $1,000,000 bill :)

    million.jpg

    Sorry, no PayPal. However, anything over $10,000 call me and we'll figure it out :P
    Edited by Charlie_Matco
  7. I'll send what I can.

     

    For anyone who knew him - well I'd just have to say he was one of the kindest and most generous and friendly guys - very genuine. I got to know him pretty well because he used to help out as captain, etc. with the projects we were doing for the Reef Environmental Education Foundation. When I first met him several years ago and on subsequent trips out with him I thought "Is this guy for real?" He was so kind and sincere, genuinely interested in you as a person, helping out and doing a good job. (He also had an infectious smile and was quite good-looking, something I'm sure his wife would vouch for...!)

     

    I was devastated when I heard what happened.

     

    And yes to anyone who wants to donate for his wife and child - this is a wonderful holiday gesture that will really make a difference in their lives.

     

    Sorry I can't be there Dec 1st. I hope your and everyone's efforts are very successful Stephen and thanks for letting us know about this.

     

    Sincerely, Carol

    Edited by seagrant
  8. And yes to anyone who wants to donate for his wife and child - this is a wonderful holiday gesture that will really make a difference in their lives.

     

    Sincerely, Carol

     

    Carol - Thanks for the kind words about Mike. This from today's Keynoter newspaper about the event.

     

     

     

     

    post-630-1196524099_thumb.jpg

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.