Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

HELP PT10 lens ring

Started by luisyalmu ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

HELP PT10 lens ring

3 posts
  1. Unscrewing my WAL from the housing, suddenly the lens ring of my PT10 starts to unscrewing together. Thanks God, nothing "else" happens. After the dive I remove the lens port from the housing, I cleaned both sides and the Housing side and I screwed it again.

     

    Should I take any other care? Is necessary to apply any type of "glue"?

     

    Please, let me know.

     

     

    PD: DO NOT SCREW THE WAL VERY TIGH OVER YOUR PT10.

  2. I had that problem when I use the Inon type I lense which requires a replacement ring. I had tighten it as much as I can on land and the ring still can turn underwater. The pressure on the port can make it come loose even if it's really tight on land. I found that tightening under water works.

    Go down 60 feet or so. Give the ring a good twist to tighten, make very sure you're twisting in the right direction, screw the lens in and check to see that you can tighten and remove the lens without moving the ring.

  3. It also helps to apply some silicone grease to the threads to prevent the WA lens from sticking to the PT-010 housing threads.

     

    Be careful not to overtighten the ring on the PT-010 housing.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.