Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Epic Photo contest

Started by yahsemtough ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

Epic Photo contest

13 posts
  1. Congrats to Eric Cheng, Herbko, and Bettina on making the finalist list for the Epic photocontest. The downside is that I did also and I have to compete against these talented people. I apologise if I missed anyone, I only know these people.

     

    www.epicphotocontest.org

     

    Good luck to all of you.

  2. 5 out of 10 are Wetpixelites ( Eric has two on the list ). Not bad.

  3. Hey, that's pretty cool! How did you find out they posted finalists? I'm totally out of the loop. :)

     

    And Todd -- you forgot to congratulate yourself. :)

  4. I actually got an email from Bettina telling me.

     

    EPIC also emailed me to say that they announced the finalists. I must be on their email list.

     

    And, thanks.

  5. What's EPIC?

  6. Maybe you can post the 5 Photos here. The only one i can remeber for sure is eric Hammerhead.

     

    Simon

  7. Our Mission Statement

    Mission statement per their website mentioned above:

     

    Many of the aquatic and marine ecosystems of the world are threatened by a variety of human activities, including destructive diving practices. It is the goal of the Environmentally aware Photographic Image Competition to help divers increase their awareness of fragile freshwater and saltwater environments. These divers will then be better able to ensure the preservation of aquatic ecosystems as habitats for photogenic and unique wildlife--recreational resources for present and future, that all can enjoy.

     

    EPIC, Environmentally aware Photographic Image Competition, was the first image competition that rewarded underwater photographers and videographers for environmental sensitivity. Many contests are now incorporating the EPIC environmental guidelines and for this we thank them.

  8. EPIC also emailed me to say that they announced the finalists. I must be on their email list.

    Cool. Can you let us know who wins? :)

  9. I certainly will if they email me with a winners list. Best of luck to you! Although I think they have already decided and are just announcing on that day.:)

  10. hey! that is cool. thanks for letting us know. :D

     

    i wonder why they haven't contacted me. i must not be on their list.

  11. I'm not sure. They never really state what you win either. Let us know what the winners got. I would be curious.

     

    Nicely done. Gracious in defeat.

  12. Congrats Eric!

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.