Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Aperture Help

Started by IMSushi ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

Aperture Help

13 posts
  1. Is there a way of © Copywriting your images in Aperture? I just got CS3, so I'll have to figure that out, but in the meantime, all of my latest picts are in Aperture. :) Any help or ideas would be great! Thanks!

  2. Yes. One of the options on export is to add a watermark (you can select an image that will be used as a watermark and its position).

    You can create an export preset with watermark so that you don't need to set everything each time - just select preset with watermark and you are ready to go.

  3. The problem is that it’s quit ugly watermark (or at list I didn't found a way to personalized it)

  4. Ugly? That depends what you make it look like...

    You need to make a file with transparent background in whatever editor you like. Than just point Apperture at it. I guess you can make it look any way you fancy and Apperture is not limiting you in any way.

  5. I wish Aperture had an option to drop-shadow the watermark. It's hard to find a watermark that looks good on all images without a drop-shadow!

  6. What I wrote about the ugly is in the Export function that I used to export some images for web upload, I see now that there a better option in the print palette, just need to find how to use this to create images for the web.

  7. I wish Aperture had an option to drop-shadow the watermark. It's hard to find a watermark that looks good on all images without a drop-shadow!

    I have not worked too hard on this, but is it not possible to make a watermark with a drop down shadow?

    My problem is that for some reason after I create a watermark in PS with a transparent background and save it, it always saves as a watermark with a white background. I know I'm doing something stupid, just not sure what.

     

    OK; worked it out. PS watermark image has to be kept and saved as a transparent TIFF, here is an example with a drop shadow

    post-5478-1196977160_thumb.jpg

    Edited by loftus
  8. I got my new copy of CS3 up and running yesterday. I also went back and reread many of the posts on how to set up a watermark. The transparent thing. Man, I guess I need somebody to hold my hand. I can usually figure this stuff out eventually, but it is very frustrating. I feel like buying "Photoshop for Dummies".

     

    Now I need to try it all over again in Aperture, which was the point of the topic to begin with....frustrated.

  9. Here's how I did this:

    Open a new PS document; Name it, choose Web as a preset and Background Contents - Transparent.

    Choose the type tool and type your watermark (Option-G is the copyright c sign)

    Position the text where you want it in the frame.

    To get embossing and drop shadows etc go to Layer - Layer Style and use the Drop Shadow command and the Bevel and Emboss command, adjust to taste.

    I positioned my text just where I would want it to be in my picture. You can make a few, with different positions of the text, bottom right, central, top right etc.

    I also made a few with white text for B&W pictures.

    When you are done save as a TIFF and then when TIFF Options comes up check Save transparent.

    Then go to Aperture preferences, under Output - Email Export Preset click the edit button.

    When the Export Presets window opens click on JPEG 640 x 640 and duplicate it by clicking the + sign bottom left. Change the label to JPEG 640x640 Watermark (you can be more specific, say Lower Left, Central or whatever).

    Click on Show Watermark, Opacity about 0.5 and do not check Scale watermark.

    And you're done. So now when you export a file version just choose that preset.

    Obviously you can make different presets for different sizes etc.

    Hope this helps.

    Edited by loftus
  10. Thanks loftus. That is pretty step by step. I think I can, I think I can. I'll let you know how it turns out when I get some time tomorrow. Other explanations I've read haven't been as detailed as yours. It should seriously help myself and other PS challenged people out there.

  11. Thanks loftus, but under edit->preferences I can't find 'output' panel, is it there or something else?

    (I use lightroom 1.3)

  12. Thanks loftus, but under edit->preferences I can't find 'output' panel, is it there or something else?

    (I use lightroom 1.3)

    I'm not sure about Lightroom. I tried to load Lightroom but my trial version has expired. There has to be a place in Lightroom though to load a watermark. I will check with a friend of mine who has it.

  13. Hi Arnon,

    Quote from a friend with Lightroom:

     

    It's called an Identity Plate.

     

    Click on <Lightroom> <Identity Plate Setup>

     

    In the new panel click on <Use a graphical identity plate>

     

    From then on he should be able to work it out.

     

    Hope this works for you

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.