Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Hello and gear recommendation

Started by cjames ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Hello and gear recommendation

1 posts
  1. Hello everyone,

    My first post on the forum. I've been diving for about 15 years and doing underwater photography and video for some of that. I'm getting ready to do a video about the black coral comeback on the back side of Norman Island in BVI later this year. I want to replace my defunct still gear with something new and would like recommendations. Money is not a big issue. My priorities are: image quality (want to be able to some nice printed stuff for the wall), flexibility (want to something for macro to wide angle), easiest to adjust to underwater shooting (heard some land cameras don't auto adjust well to underwater). I have a Gates housing for my Sony TRV900 video and like it, but I would mind going with something smaller and lighter. When I travel I've got the video gear, lights, dive gear, rebreather, laptop, external disk drive...you get the idea.

     

    Any ideas?

     

    Thanks,

    Corby

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.