Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Diving from the Airbus A380

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Diving from the Airbus A380

6 posts
  1. Well not literally - but I did fly on the new plane last month on my way to Australia for a spot of diving. And for general interest, there are plenty of regular travellers on here, I thought I'd share some pictures.

     

    Here is the plane in Singapore

    A380-1.jpg

     

    This is the economy class downstairs (seats 3-4-3)

    A380-2.jpg

     

    And here are the stairs at the rear of the aircraft for going between the floors:

    A380-3.jpg

     

    And this is the economy class upstairs (seats 2-4-2)

    A380-4.jpg

    Don't sit by the windows upstairs if you have large hand luggage. The overhead bins on the outer aisle seats upstairs are a bit small. Elsewhere on board they are fine - just watch it in these seats if you are travelling with lots of cameras (or make sure you board first!).

     

    The new economy seats are excellent - and the TV screens are big. I hope that Singapore Airlines will start to upgrade all their planes with these seats, but I doubt it.

    A380-5.jpg

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  2. Pretty impressive; amazing to think that guy from Saudi bought one for his personal use.

  3. Yep, SQ does stuff top shelf, that's for sure.

     

    Nice to see the different seating configurations, nice to have the 2-4-2 option. I hate being forced into the 3-4-3 in Y on the 74. ...although I haven't seen Y in a couple of years....

     

    Still, if it's not Boeing I'm not going!

     

     

    All the best, James

  4. Alex, what you weren't in the Beyond First Class Suites? :)

  5. Singapore air uses these seats in their new 777's. I flew one of these to Milan with the family - more knee room - great entertainment. What long haul travel should be like !!

  6. Nice to see the different seating configurations, nice to have the 2-4-2 option. I hate being forced into the 3-4-3 in Y on the 74. ...although I haven't seen Y in a couple of years....

     

    Unfortunately, most economy seats on this plane are the 3-4-3. The 8/9 rows on the second level do have the 2-4-2 though but, as noted, they have less storage space. If someone else was paying, I'd take the business or suites too.

     

    http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Singapore...Airbus_A380.php

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.