Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

OUR NEW FILM, REQUIEM

Started by brycegroark ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

OUR NEW FILM, REQUIEM

11 posts
  1. We recently finished a 40 minute conservation film for sharks, REQUIEM. It was shot in HDV with the Phenom - featuring the Bahamas and Hawaii with some footage from Tahiti and Socorro as well. There are 38 different interviews with the public - alongside expert insights from Marty Snyderman and the cultural significance of the shark to the Hawaiian people from Bryant MockChew. We made the film in association with WildAid (wildaid.org) - and include some footage most of you have seen from ShawnH as well.

     

    Check out the 2 minute trailer below:

     

    http://livingoceanproductions.com/movies.html

     

    Aloha

    Bryce

    Edited by brycegroark
  2. Fantastic work Bryce :)

  3. Hey Bryce,

     

    Great trailer! Trailers are an art form in their own right, and this one is right in there!

     

    I was fortunate enough to see the entire 40 minute film at Antibes, France last month, and it was fantastic! Very well received by the audience, as well. An important film about a most important subject. (And Jen was splendid!)

     

    Very well done, and most definitely timely.

     

    Mary Lynn

    Edited by Mary Lynn
  4. Fantastic trailer Bryce

     

    Unlike Mary Lynn I missed your film at Antibes. Looks like I should have got there a day earlier!! :)

     

    Cheers, Simon

  5. Hello Bryce,

     

    great trailer!!! I like how you created a tense mood through music and

    highspeed/slowmo secenes.

     

     

    How and where will the film be distributed? Germany?

  6. Thanks for the comments everyone! Mary Lynn - thank you and stoked you watched it at Antibes (I showed Jen your comment as she still can't stand to be on camera!) Mexwell - We just started working on distributing it with a company in CA - fingers crossed.

     

    Hope this film can do some good.

    Bryce

    Edited by brycegroark
  7. excellent trailer bruce, really makes me want to see it..... :angry:

     

    hope it does a lot of good.

     

    kindest regards,

     

    mark

  8. I forgot to mention this Bryce...Stunning! and of course, a timely and incredibly important subject.

    way to go man!

    -shawn

  9. Mmmm have to wait till I'm back home on the 18th so can view it then. :blush:

  10. Bryce I'm back home now and just watched the clip on your site and I must say very nice work indeed. :blush:

    How can we see the full version?

  11. Congrats on the award mate, well deserved.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.