Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Sequence settings in FCP

Started by echeng ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Sequence settings in FCP

3 posts
  1. Hey guys -

     

    I'm monkeying around with screenshoot videos taken at 10fps. In Final Cut Pro, I set up a new sequence using the "Animation" codec (what the capture uses, natively), but I can't seem to set the framerate down to 10fps. It just doesn't go down that low.

     

    Any advice? :angry:

    Edited by echeng
  2. UPDATE: I can get 10fps during export with Compressor, but it seems stupid to have a sequence that is at... 30fps (or something) for source that is always going to be 10fps.

     

    Perhaps I should be using Apple Intermediate? Or is all this moot because of the fancy multi-codec timeline?

     

    I'm just annoyed that I have to render out high(er) fps stuff.

  3. Eric

    FCP unfortunately assumes all output will be format based. 10 FPS just isn't all that popular. :angry:

    FCP converts all timeline clips to 4:4:4 first before back to the sequence format. With XDCAM and HDV, you can tell it to go to PRo Res422. So doesn't matter what format you set your sequence to, the open timeline will still work. Just realize that putting 10fps into a 24fps timeline will mean that FCP will 'add' 14 frames. Turn off frame blending.

    If you are just editing that clip at 10 fps... use AE Fx... it has variable fps output. Not very sophisticated editing tools but it's easy enough.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.