Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Photoprinter advice

Started by TimG ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Photoprinter advice

5 posts
  1. Hey Guys

     

    I'm in the market for a high quality photo printer. The Epson 2400 sounds good - but it has been on the market some years now and I wondered if it had been superceded.

     

    Does anyone have any recommendations? I'd like to be able to print up to A3 - and it seems as though its a case of the more colour cartridges the better.

     

    Thanks

  2. Hi Tim,

     

    I have been using a R2400 for several years and it has been a very nice printer. I sell on average about 5 8x10's, 11x14's underwater photos a month at the local diveshop. Obviously not many but I live in small town, backwater Minnesota where the market is locals looking for something interesting when they are doing their business in the bathroom. (The market is much better for coffee table books and calendars, but I send that work out.) So the 2400 has been a good match in terms of needs/quality. If I were in the market today I would give serious consideration to the 3800 (better economics in terms of ink) or even the 4880 (better blues because of the vivid magenta cartridge) Reproducible blues seem to be the most difficult to achieve.

     

    There are many great online resources regarding printers, with Epson and Canon inkjets the main heavyweights. Perhaps someone who has personal experience with Canon can chime in, or better still someone who uses both.

     

    Cheers,

     

    imasleeper

  3. I purchased an epson 3800 about 6 months ago and I don't regret it for a moment. I'm not an expert as this is the first real photo printer I've owned but my standards are very high and this printer has meet my expectations. I make prints to sell at local galleries and art shows and the prints from the 3800 exceed the quality of most of the other prints I'm competing with.

  4. Many thanks, lads. The Epson R3800 does indeed sound good. I'll pursue......

     

    (another addition to my Xmas list) :blush:

  5. Many thanks, lads. The Epson R3800 does indeed sound good. I'll pursue......

     

    (another addition to my Xmas list) :)

    If you can afford it, the 4880 is spectacular and has roll paper, otherwise the 3800 is also quite nice

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.