Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Adobe vs Corel

Started by PIG004 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Adobe vs Corel

3 posts
  1. Now I downloaded 'Corel paint shop pro photo x2' a couple of weeks ago to try out their 30 day free trial. It had a good review on 'trusted reviews'.

    Now I initially thought that my PC was maybe not powerful enough to edit photos as it was taking about 3 seconds to apply changes to any photos I was working on in Corel. I found this a bit disappointing as I kind of thought my laptop would handle photo editing easily enough.

     

    Core 2 duo 2.33 with 2gb Ram and 256mb Gfx card. It also has a fast 7200 rpm HDD.

     

    At this stage I had decided not to bother with Corel as I assumed since my PC was struggling to edit photos that I was better off waiting and buying a more powerful machine next year. That was until I downloaded Photoshop CS3 Extended which also has a free 30 day trial.

    Now I know the price difference between the 2 is huge and I reckon I know why as my laptop blazes when using CS3. The same type of editing of a picture with CS3 takes a fraction of a second compared to 3 seconds on Corel??

     

    I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this experience or is this simply a case of 'you get what you pay for!'

  2. I have no experience with Corel, but some programs give trouble with dual cores and require a bit more care installing.

     

    For a cheaper option, you could also get Photoshop elements (but if you want to keep on editing high bit images, that works less.

  3. Cheers I'll check it out.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.