Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Would like to buy a 10D

Started by DeepDiscovery ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Would like to buy a 10D

12 posts
  1. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a canon 10D (new, not gray market and with US warranty) for a reasonable price. Most places I have tried say out of stock. Not willing to pay more than $1499. Gateway and Dell both offered 10% off but can't deliver...

    Looking for reputable dealer that has the camera in stock.

     

    Thanks in advance for your help

  2. The only places I have seen that have it in stock are charging $1,650

     

    So keep looking and maybe you'll get lucky or get on a list if you really want it for $1,499. Even the ones on Ebay are going for >$1,499

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. You're lucky to get it for that - We poor suckers in UK are expected to pay £1640.00 thats $2600+!!!

  4. Hello all,

     

     

    Saw Canon 10D at Best Buy in Thousand Oaks CA last weekend for $1499.00 in stock.

    Possibly try BestBuy.com?

     

    Good luck!

     

    John

  5. Gateway had a sale recently where you could get one for $1350 (10% off), but I think it's over.

     

    If you can wait, you can support wetpixel by going to our front page and clicking on the Ritz camera link "Pre-order the Canon 10d" :)

     

    I actually sold one D60 and bought a 10d from BH Photo for $1499. It arrived in a week. Note that they charge your card immediately, even if the camera isn't in stock.

     

    Also, goodguys.com has 10% off all orders over $199. No 10d is listed on their site right now, but you can call them up and order one, supposedly. However, I'd assume that their lead times are high. :)

  6. So Eric,

     

    Does the 10D fit in your UK-Germany housing? Inquiring minds want to know!

     

    Cheers

    James

  7. have you tried www.canogacamera.com. There web site is showing it. You might call and ask Greg Noble. He's a great guy.

     

    The other place to check is uniquephoto.com Thats the place i got my 1d, super service and smooth transaction.

  8. Does the 10D fit in your UK-Germany housing? Inquiring minds want to know!

    I've heard from at least one other person that the UK Germany housing will NOT fit the 10d (at least, their specific setups). The front fits, but the back does not -- meaning that it makes it impossible for any proper use of the camra.

     

    I couldn't test mine because ... well, it's packed up. :)

  9. You're lucky to get it for that - We poor suckers in UK are expected to pay £1640.00 thats $2600+!!!

     

    Hi Bob,

    Here in the middle east, the importer of Canon is well knowing by his very high prices (he says he bring the Canon products from Europe and the prices there are high ), When the D10 arrived at first he also wanted around 2600-2700$ for the body, a group of amateur photographers from a local photography forum where threaten the importer to go to the press, make him bad reputation and so on, after a moderate pressure he agreed to a more reasonable price of 1900-1950$ for the group (20-30 people), With the local tax & shipment his quit reasonable.

  10. Hi Arnon,

     

    I suggest that you enquire in Dubai: The Canon dealer there is located behind the twin tower building, over looking the creek. I purchased several lenses from him in 2K saving around 35% on UK prices.

    I'm pissed of tell you the truth that we have to go abroad to get good deals. I'm just glad I get to go to Singpapore a lot!

  11. Of all places, Apple has it listed at $1499.00

     

    http://www.apple.com

     

    Hit the button for the store and then scroll to cameras. Lenses and accessories at good prices, too.

  12. I've heard from at least one other person that the UK Germany housing will NOT fit the 10d (at least, their specific setups).  The front fits, but the back does not -- meaning that it makes it impossible for any proper use of the camra.

    This is the experience I had; I can get the 10D inside the UK-G D60 housing, but it's very difficult to close and some of the buttons I feel are must-haves u/w don't work. I already sold my D60 (for $1275! Ebay is amazing), but I'm thinking of just buying a used D60 for use u/w, in a few months after prices drop a bit more. That will probably be cheaper (and certainly a lot more convenient) than trying to get my housing modified to fit the 10D.

     

    As for where to buy the 10D; I got mine from www.PCConnection.com. They don't charge your card until they ship you the camera, I got mine about 10 days after the 10D first started shipping.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.