Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

image stabilization

Started by PCDiver ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

image stabilization

5 posts
  1. Hi folks,

     

    I have a question about image stabilization. I currently edit in Edius 4.5 but I also have the full Adobe production studio including AE 7.0.

     

    I have static footage that is slightly wobly. The center is ok but there are some slight shakes. What would be the best way to improve the footage? I'm thinking of proDad Mercalli or After Effects.

     

    The workflow from Edius to AE seems more complex but is it worth the effort or should I go for proDad Mercalli which is integrated into Edius via a plugin.

     

    Thanks,

     

    Peter

  2. Peter go and download the demo of Mercalli for EDIUS, it really is fast and the pro version has many options.

    Do it there and then straight on the timeline....easy as....

  3. Hi Wags,

     

    I already have the pro version but I'm not sure about the results. Trying to get a slight wobble out of footage seems very difficult. I also tried with AE but the results are awfull. Probably user error with AE, so any tips on how to properly stabilize footage with AE would be highly appreciated.

     

    Tx,

     

    Peter

  4. If you post a small file of the demo, it'd be easier to help you than to give you abstract settings for the plugin.

  5. Just downloaded the Mercalli demo. I need to spend some time with it and figure out how to use it... :)

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.