Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Lens clear solution for housing?

Started by nickough ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Lens clear solution for housing?

6 posts
  1. Hi there - newbie here!

     

    I recently started to use an underwater housing for surf photography.

     

    Does anyone have any tips about a product to put on the lens of the housing to assist water drain off. I used to use this stuf called 'Rain x' on the windscreen of my car which made the rain water drain off easier, is there a similar product for housings. I want to reduce the water/droplets as much as possible when taking shots above the water line??

     

    Thanks

     

    :excl:

  2. RainX is not recommended to acrylic ports.

    What work quit well is babying shampoo, from some reason the Johnson & Johnson is the one that usually recommended for that.

  3. RainX is not recommended to acrylic ports.

    What work quit well is babying shampoo, from some reason the Johnson & Johnson is the one that usually recommended for that.

     

    Hi - just to clarify, I am looking to put something on the 'outside' face of the housing lens to assist water run off, does baby shampoo apply to this?

     

    Thanks :excl:

  4. As Arnon says, Baby Shampoo works well. Also great as a defog for a mask. Cheap, and smells nice. For your dome, smear some across the dome, rub it around a little over the whole surface, then briefly rinse.

    For a mask, I do not recommend generic, only Johnson & Johnson, some of the generics are not as gentle on the eyes.

    Edited by loftus
  5. I use a slice of pineapple and smear it over the lens before the dive if available.

     

    But then again they do grow on trees around here :excl:

  6. I use a slice of pineapple and smear it over the lens before the dive if available.

    Don't make me hate you :excl:

    Pineapple is for me, not the port!

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.