Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Blue Parrotfish???????????

Started by JimG ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Blue Parrotfish???????????

3 posts
  1. Taken in Bonaire last month, I think this may be an intermediate or juvenile phase Blue Parrotfish. It has the right shaped head and tail, large scales and yellow fins but the main body colour seems a bit iffy although there is perhaps a faint purplish tinge as described in Humman and Loach's book. However, all parrotfish juveniles seem to vary quite a lot and they are a bit of a minefield to me.

     

    Can anybody confirm/deny/suggest an alternative please?

    post-2843-1199117994_thumb.jpg

  2. I would agree with you, it's a juvenile blue parrot.

  3. Thanks very much Patrick. As there are no other suggestions, I'm cataloguing it as just that

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.