Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Integrating ACR

Started by bruceterrill ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Integrating ACR

8 posts
  1. Hi Guys,

    I have just downloaded the latest version of Adobe Camera Raw 4. ?

    Could someone please explain to me how to integrate ACR into my PSE 4 software?

    I know that I have done it before with prior updates, but I have completely forgotten the proceedure.

    Thanks for taking the time,

     

    Bruce

  2. Hi Bruce,

     

    We need to know if you are Mac or PC?

     

    Alex

  3. From the Adobe ACR 4.0 download page.

     

     

    The Camera Raw 4.0 plug-in is not compatible with versions of Photoshop earlier than Photoshop CS3 or versions of Photoshop Elements earlier than Photoshop Elements 4.01 for Macintosh or Photoshop Elements 5.0 for Windows. The latest versions of the Camera Raw plug-in available for previous Adobe software titles are listed below:

     

     

    Mac

     

    Photoshop CS2: Camera Raw 3.7

    Photoshop Elements 3.0: Camera Raw 3.6

     

     

    Windows

     

    Photoshop CS2: Camera Raw 3.7

    Photoshop Elements 4.0: Camera Raw 3.7

    Photoshop Elements 3.0: Camera Raw 3.6

  4. Hi Alex,

    Sorry mate, I'm windows.

     

    Hi Pete,

    Thanks for going to the trouble mate. I found this out at about 2am this morning. I've downloaded the wrong stuff. I have now deleted all the wrong stuff and now can't find the link to ACR 3.7 on the site. Fair dinkum, a bloke would have to be a dick head... :)

    I think that I might get the new 5.0 or 6.0 Elements and start all over again? Although, I don't personally know if the updates have been substancial enough for this little part-time snapper...

     

    Hooroo,

    Bruce

  5. Hey Bruce

     

    I did an upgrade from PSE4 to PSE6 a little while ago. The interface and layout arrangements have improved and the main screen now has the look of Lightroom about it.

  6. Thanks Pete,

    I was out "checking the traps" last night and will fix it up today...hehehe

     

    Hey TimmyGee,

    Canberra? What a shit hole... :P

    Too far from the water...

    What do you think of the upgrade from PSE? to PSE6 ??

    Do you use the newer functions or are they just nice to have?

     

    Bruce

  7. Hey Bruce

     

    As a Vic, you can say that about Canberra. But as a Pom - and a diplomat - I couldn't possibly comment :P

     

    The upgrade to PSE6 is good - it certainly has a nicer feel to it that my previous version, 4.0. There are a number of additional features but I can't say any of them I have found so far are so useful that they are Must Haves. But the upgrade is nice for sure - and, as these things go, I had to get it cos I couldn't get 4.0 to read files from my Nikon D300.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.