Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Video Clip Series

Started by masdive ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Video Clip Series

3 posts
  1. To all Wetpixel Videographers -

     

    This is my first posting...so I decide to start with a bang.

     

    I pulled together a series of top ten clips from my underwater video endeavors over the last five years and have posted them on the Colorado Underwater Photo Society (CUPS) web site. Check them out on my gallery under the "Member's Galley II -

     

    http://www.cupsonline.net/MembersShowOff/M...32/Default.aspx

     

    The video clips include footage shot on location in Cozmel, Belize, Little Cayman, Bahamas, Indonesia, Statia and other varied locales.

     

    Enjoy - Hope you like the series and any comments and critique is greatly appreciated.

     

    Mike S

  2. Worth a reply I think - nice films dude. I see a tinge of magenta there - you using a filter? Could you have gotten away with not using a filter there?

    Edited by donga
  3. Worth a reply I think - nice films dude. I see a tinge of magenta there - you using a filter? Could you have gotten away with not using a filter there?

     

    Donga -

     

    You are right. There is some magenta, particular in some of the earlier filming efforts. Various reasons - I shot all my day footage with ambient light and a magenta filter. Obviously, depending on the depth and position of the sun you will get more or less of the magenta tinge. In the later films I was able to correct most of the tinge in post with the color correction filters. Also, my housing at the time did not permit me to manually WB. So I was shooting in WB automatic for all of these clips.

     

    Then again for some clips (although I don't think any of the ones that I posted show this) I sometimes purposely leave the tinge in. Think of it as an experiment in color space. :D

     

    Gotten away without the filter - not generally, unless I am using lights and I am shooting macro.

     

    Glad you enjoyed the views - I am still working on getting the final clip uploaded (Video 12). I is longer than the others and includes a shot of a "Flaming" Manta silhouette. :D:D

     

    Mike S

     

     

    Mike S

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.