Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Desicant

Started by jeremypayne ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Desicant

4 posts
  1. Two questions about inside the housing desciant packs ...

     

    >>> Is one enough? I have the Sea & Sea packs ...

     

    http://www.adorama.com/SSDPDX8.html

     

    ... I can only seem to fit one inside my Canon G9 Housing (WPDC21) up by the hot shoe. Where is the best spot inside the WPDC21 to stick them/it?

     

    >>> How long do they last? One dive? More?

     

    Thanks in advance!

  2. You could talk to your local Pharmacy and have them set some aside for you. They come with all the drugs they recieve and they just throw them out. Then they cost yu nothing and you can use them as you see fit.

     

    Not sure on length but if memory serves me correct they change coloUr when moist.

     

    Enjoy your trip

     

    Todd

  3. Who is using them? I am just about to switch over from my Nikonos to DSLR and housing and want to know if I should be using these.

    Thanks,

    Shane

  4. Who is using them? I am just about to switch over from my Nikonos to DSLR and housing and want to know if I should be using these.

    Thanks,

    Shane

     

    I have used them and not used them. With a DSLR and no internal flash operating, issues are less. With a P/S and internal flash, shooting too fast for too long heats up the inside of the housing and condensation on the cool exterior results....right in front of the lens.

    With the DSLR, the main concern will be to avoid having the equipment in the sun which would do the same as indicated above in the P/S situation.

    You should have plenty of space for a pack.

    I get them with various kinds of purchases and just use a little one for insurance.

     

    I sometimes forget them and only had an issue once...when watching a big hawksbill taking turns eating a barrel sponge with 2 massive French angels They let me take photos from 2 feet and never cared,, occasionally bumping me while taking turns. I took enough shots to overheat the camera space and have the condensation problem...fogging the best shots. YUCK!

     

    Leaving your DSLR in the sun while on your surface interval or while taking the boat ride to the dive site can have the same effect.

     

    Any market for foggy turtle/fish pics? I have a good offering available.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.