Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Hello everyone!

Started by zan ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Hello everyone!

3 posts
  1. Hello!

     

    I've just joined this site, and am wondering why I didn't do it sooner! I'm Rosanna Milligan, and I've recently graduated as a marine biologist from Glasgow uni (Scotland, UK). I've been diving for 6 years and started photographing underwater 2 years ago with an E900 + Ikelite housing. after working as a wildlife guide near Oban for a bit, I got a DSLR (400D) and have recently aquired a housing for it with a macro lens and tokina 10-17mm. I'm hopelessly new at this UW photography thing, so I'll probably be on here for plenty of advice once I've got shots worth looking at!

     

    I'm currently back at glasgow uni working as a proper scientist for a bit and trying to get myself organised to sell a few prints to tide me over when I'm between jobs (as will inevitably happen eventually!). I have a website (listed in my profile), on which any comments are gratefully received.

     

    Happy diving

     

    Zan

  2. Welcome Zan, I wouldn't say your "hopelessly new at this game" The japanese jelly is especially nice on your site! I can tell you from my experience here that the folks are very good about answering questions. Ask away! :)

     

    Steve

  3. Welcome Zan, I wouldn't say your "hopelessly new at this game" The japanese jelly is especially nice on your site! I can tell you from my experience here that the folks are very good about answering questions. Ask away! :)

     

    Steve

     

     

    Cheers! unfortunately, that japanese nettle was content to swirl round an aquarium while I took it's photo. Seems like a while different game under the waves! Still, I've gleaned some interesting info so far from reading the threads in here, so we'll see what happens.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.