Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Options for Digital using SB105

Started by JackConnick ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Options for Digital using SB105

3 posts
  1. My girlfriend's Nikonos V flooded and she's looking at options. It will cost $535 to completely rebuild. Repair place said outside casing was in excellent shape and lens is ok.

     

    She just sent her SB103 back for free replacement with new SB105. So we'd like to use that excellent new strobe.

     

    Considering buying another Nik V but most of those may be in worse shape or at least need $150 service.

     

    Also would like to think about digital. I know that the Nik 5000 would work with her strobe. What other options are out there? She needs to keep the cost down. The Oly 5050 and Oly case are attractive, but I don't know that her strobe would work...?

     

    Appreciate hearing ideas.

     

    Jack

  2. Please email me privately for details.

     

    I have 2 options:

     

    1) I have a "just serviced" NikV body for sale

     

    2) I have a Coolpix 990 and Ikelite housing for sale which is compatible with the 105 strobe.

     

    Here is a photo of Sarah carrying the Coolpix 990 housing with SB105 strobe attached:

     

    DSCF4378.jpg

     

    Cheers

    James Wiseman

     

    james at wetpixel dot com

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.