Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Possible Elysia species

Started by Roger Eve ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Possible Elysia species

9 posts
  1. Hi

    post-7921-1199564748.jpg

  2. That is impressive!!!! I can sing that song in two notes. Wow! New game for wetpixel - Show Leslie only a portion of the critter and see if she can get it :P

     

    Steve

  3. :P No big deal really, I was just reviewing flatworm images a couple of nights ago. But thanks!
  4. Wow Leslie,

     

    Amazing, I don't know why only a portion appeared, I think I must have posted before I had completed! I was trying to find a way of making those neat little thumbnails! Looks like you were spot on with the first of the links.

     

    Just for info it was a frame grab from a video I took on a night dive on the Tasik Ria housereef in Manado Sulawesi, so you were right about the Indo-Pacific. Hopefully the complete picture this time.

     

    Thanks again,

     

    Roger

     

    Elysia.jpg

    Edited by Roger Eve
  5. See? I'm not so bright. :P Marli picked out a much better candidate - the Phrikoceros sp. Which also means that the first image on scuba-equipment is incorrectly identified. The Phrikoceros has a conspicuous circle (which might outline the cerebral eyespot) at the front end of the white streak - just like Roger's and the first scuba-equipment image. The images of Pseudobiceros flowersi don't show a similar circle. Both genera are in the same family. One of the differences is that Phrikoceros has a circular cerebral eyespot while Pseudobiceros has U-shaped cerebral eyespot. So Phrikoceros sp is a better identification.

  6. Thanks to you both,

     

    So Phrikoceros has it :P

     

    I hope I can pronounce it when I record the voiceover on my video :D

     

    Cheers

     

    Roger

  7. :P
WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.