Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Epson Printer Paper

Started by okuma ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Epson Printer Paper

4 posts
  1. I am moving from an older Canon S 9000 to an Epson 3800 printer.

     

    What are your recommendations for paper?

    I have been using semi-gloss for macro and semi- matte for W/A prints.

    My wall gallery has overhead spot lighting.

     

    Thanks in advance for your comments,

     

     

    Allan

  2. I was turned on to Crane Museo Silver Rag by photovan (Darren Jew) on this site and like it very much. Epson have just released Epson Exhibition Fibre paper which has very good reviews, I have not tried it yet, but have some on order.

  3. Hi Allan,

     

    There are a couple of great companies to go to for the best papers to print on using inkjet papers.

    Digital Art Supplies in San Diego

    1-877-534-4278

    Digital Art Supply sells Epson and Crane papers.

     

    Red River Paper in Dallas

    1-888-248-8774

    Both companies sell paper that is especially made for desktop printing. They both offer a sample kit which includes a couple of 8.5" x 11" sheets of every paper they offer. The cost is about $20 and well worth it.

     

    I have one kit from each company that I will bring along to the OCUPS meeting tomorrow.

     

    Bonnie

  4. I tried Shades of Paper and they were very helpful over the phone and they carry all the high end papers. I've only been printing my own stuff for a little while but so far my favorites are:

    Epson Velvet Fine Art

    Crane Museo Silver Rag

    Innova Fiba Print Semi-Matte

     

    The Ilford Gallerie papers are nice too (very true color rendition) but they're not heavy enough if you're selling your prints.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.