Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

HDV Editing software with color correction under $500?

Started by NWDiver ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

HDV Editing software with color correction under $500?

6 posts
  1. Have been using Pinnacle Studio Plus and like it. Only complaint is it only has Auto Color Correct, as far as I can tell.

     

    Have upgraded to HC7 HDV so is there software that allows for color correction –US$500? Have a decent PC with 500g hard drive.

  2. Everyone has their favorite, I like Vegas.

  3. There are some addons available from the Pinnacle site that allow some control over colour, hue, gain, etc.etc. You have to pay for the unlock codes, but they are quite cheap. I'm using Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate, quite successfully. Good value too only £75 im the UK ($150)

     

    Roger

    Edited by Roger Eve
  4. Thanks will try the Pinnacle plug ins.

  5. If you're a student I think you can get vegas for about $200. At least that was the going rate at NAB a few years ago. If I was going to edit on a PC Avid Express Pro is choice #1 and Vegas is #2. but Avid isn't really in that price range. I personally say take the plunge and go for a mac, but at that point it becomes more of an investment than a hobby.

     

    Billy

  6. I suggest you try EDIUS Neo. It is a blast!

    Really fast and easy to use...

     

    Colour Correction Filter is powerful and comes out of the box.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.