In researching the options for backing up my original RAW files while on a dive trip I've come across two obvious solutions. I don't trust laptop harddrives and the options seem to be a small portable hardrive or DVD's. I'm using Bridge to bring the images over and it has the option to backup the files when you bring them in so the workflow would be much faster than making discs. IOmega and others make a 160G drive that will fit in your pocket. The storage solution technology is screaming along. It's changing all the time. Anyone have a recommendation?
It gives me full redundancy. Even if my laptop gets stolen/breaks I can still copy files to this drive.
Portable external hard drive. Powers off the lap top. Copy from card to lap top. Lap top backed up to external drive. Plug in into the PC when I get home and copy to the mother of all hard drives. Much faster.
There are lots of portable hard drives on the market; I like my LaCie Rugged - they're made from 120 -320 GB, USB, Firewire or plug-in powered.