How do you get the pixelated look out of your vids on Youtube? They look great on my TV but it never quite looks as good once uploaded.
- 8Posts
- 8Replies
Read-only discussion
Upload quality
-
-
YouTube is generally really bad quality but there are some other sites out that have a lot better quality. Stage6 seems to be a favourite and one of the best, although a little temperamental sometimes, but there are others too which I can't remember the name of right now! I'm sure someone else will jump in with a list

Cheers, Simon
-
Generally uploading to youtube with an h.264 high bitrate, 320x280 source produces the best results. That said, I use Stage6 and Vimeo for my online needs.
-
There's an insightful article by Brian Gary on Ken Stone's great Final Cut Pro site about encoding to get the best results on YouTube.
While the article is written about using Compressor, the info the article provides on YouTube and the suggestions for encoding settings I found to be very interesting....
Mary Lynn
-
That's a terrific article! Thanks for posting.
-
You Tube may be lower quality but the best thing about it is the clips play straight away and thats what most viewers want.
The higher res sites like Stage 6 may take many minutes to download and definitely will not stream for most folks on the net in real time.

When you load up a clip to YouTube, it then gets encoded to the flv (FLASH) format on the server then into the site.
As for best quality wise for YouTube like sites, well I'm working on that right at this moment as a mater of fact.
-
As for best quality wise for YouTube like sites, well I'm working on that right at this moment as a mater of fact.
Wagsy, FWIW, I think Creative Cow magazine (if I recall correctly) had a good article on prepping for YouTube. There is a way to encode so YouTube does not have to re-encode further, again if I recall correctly. I will poke around and see if I have the issue around somewhere, but you may want to see if it is on their site.
-
I guess I'll begin readiing
