Hello All,
I just got my Nikon D300, and only recently bought a new MAC with OSX 10.5 on it. I have some pretty basic questions about this. I hope this is the place to post these questions.
First, a couple of the programs that came with the camera appear not to be compatible with OSX 10.5 (Nikon ViewNX for instance). Is anyone using any of the Nikon software on 10.5?
When I connect the D300 via a USB cable, iPhoto sees the images (at least the JPEGs), but I cannot seem to mount the camera as a disk. That means no other program can see the camera. It also means that the photos can only be seen in iPhoto. I'd like to be able to directly access these photos and cut and paste the pictures into a directory. I'm I totally missing something here? Is there a way to mount the camera? Or do I have to have a card reader to see these as existing on a 'disk'?
I will (soon) purchase some other photo-editing software (Aperature? Photoshop? Lightroom?). I expect to have the same issue with 'seeing' the camera. How does everyone else transfer photos from their Nikon cameras to OSX 10.5?
Thank-you for any insight,
Greg