At least a dozen files submitted in the last photo contest crash Aperture upon import. I had to find out why.
Eric
Nice work there.
FWIW there has been issues with Leopard on some other apps, alot in Studio 2, where not doing a totally clean iinstall of Leopard on a clean drive would cause issues, perhpas this is one of the items that can be related? Doing a clean install on a blank drive of Leopard and then the Apps helped with some of these items. There was some details of why people thought this would work, do not remember all the details, but it related to Core Images and how Leopard is very different than OS X. I read it more to remember the steps as oppossed to all the technical in and outs.
Of course if you have a clean install, never mind
Drew
Clicking on your journal link, nothing showed up.
Have you found out what the problem was yet?
Dave B.
Journal should work now. It was a strange cache issue.
I got an email saying that it is a Leopard issue, and not an Aperture issue. He is going to post the information in a comment on my site, soon.
I can see it now. Interesting.
I upgraded my laptop to Leopard without problems. I use it mostly for E-mail and on the road photo downloads so no problems. I haven't upgraded to CS3.
My desktop, which I do most of my PS and aperture work is still on the old system. I may wait a bit longer.
Thanks for posting.
Thanks Eric. You guys tracking all this stuff is pretty impressive to me. I run Leopard and Aperture and CS3 on my laptop with no problems, but only use it on the road, mostly to download pics with minimal editing. On my desktop at home I went back to Tiger until this all gets sorted out.
I'm still having issues viewing the journal entry, I just get a blank screen. Very odd, but I'm sure this is in fitting with the Aperture problem
...I just get a blank screen....
You're not alone Craig. For most of the afternoon I got a blank screen too, but then it worked for a short time and now it's blank again...it even had a short video with the Voice of the Master himself