Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Blu_Ray Player Software

Started by wagsy ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Blu_Ray Player Software

3 posts
  1. I put my Pioneer Blu-Ray player into my computer and loaded up Power DVD to watch our Naturally Ningaloo Blu-Ray version. Well Power DVD would not play it, kept getting a white screen in the players window. Maybe my graphics card is not powerful enough I thought.

     

    So I fired up VLC player, directed it to the first M2ts file located in the BDMV\STREAM folder on the disk and away it went. So I figured as expected Power DVD is made with so much other rubbish it takes lots to run it. VLC is simple.

     

    Here is what a Blu_Ray looks like at 1.1. :D

    That's a 22 inch LCD. Leaves normal DVD's for dead.

    Have to try and get my hands on a Hollywood DVD to try out now and run AnyDVD to bypass all the Hollywood rubbish so it will run full res with normal VGA connections without the need to buy a $$$ HDCP compliant screen and graphics card etc.

     

    blu.jpg

  2. Wags, the Blu-Ray market is so close you can just taste it, huh?

     

    Exciting times indeed. Looking at putting one of these in my HTPC with AnyDVD HD so solve the same lack-of-HDCP issues...

     

     

    Might wait a couple months though - figure that will probably knock another $100 off the price tag...

  3. It sure is Bob. :)

    The disks are way to much still like 35 bucks for one :D

    I have one BD-r and one BD-re to play with. 25 gigs :)

     

    Plan to run a cable out to the lounge room so I can watch them on the HD (NON HDCP compliant) projector from the computer via component.

    .

    AnyDVD HD is pretty cool what it does, cannot believe Holywood forcing people to have to buy HDCP compliant gear to run them at full res. :excl:

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.