Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Wetpixel ships issue #2 of Wetpixel Quarterly

Started by echeng ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Wetpixel ships issue #2 of Wetpixel Quarterly

11 posts
  1. for immediate release

     

    Wetpixel ships issue #2 of Wetpixel Quarterly

    Issue features the work of Jim Watt and Wetpixel staff photographers

     

     

    SAUSALITO, Calif. -- January 21st, 2008 -- Wetpixel LLC is proud to announce the immediate availability of issue #2 of Wetpixel Quarterly magazine. In its trademark landscape-oriented, high-resolution format, issue #2 celebrates the lifelong work of James D. Watt, one of the pioneers of modern underwater photography. Jim will always be remembered for his boundless energy and generosity as a photographer, educator, and friend.

     

    Wetpixel Quarterly #2 also features the work of the talented staff behind the scenes at the magazine and at its electronic sister publication, Wetpixel.com. Featured staff photographers include Alex Mustard, Eric Cheng, Mike Veitch, Luiz Rocha, Cor Bosman, Julie Edwards, Herb Ko, James Wiseman, Todd Mintz, Matt Segal, Elijah Woolery, William Heaton, and Leslie Harris.

     

    Finally, Alex Mustard writes about climate change and the potential damage that it can inflict on the reef systems that we love to dive and photograph. In addition to outlining damage potential, it also serves to educate and offers suggestions on how to mitigate our personal contributions to global warning.

    Wetpixel Quarterly #2 has shipped to subscribers worldwide, who can expect to receive their issues in 1-3 weeks. Individual copies are available at http://www.wetpixelquarterly.com.

     

    About Wetpixel Quarterly:

     

    Wetpixel Quarterly was founded in 2007 by Eric Cheng and Elijah Woolery to create a high-quality quarterly showcase of the best in underwater imagery in conjunction with news and information about marine research and conservation. Through interviews, articles, open contests, and, most importantly, the lenses of its contributors, Wetpixel Quarterly brings to the page a new sense of the fragility and splendor of underwater life. Wetpixel Quarterly is printed in landscape orientation using 50% recycled materials. For more information, visit http://www.wetpixelquarterly.com.

     

    Contact:

     

    Wetpixel Quarterly

    Elijah Woolery

    434 Napa St.

    Sausalito, CA 94965

    United States of America

    Phone: +1-415-449-1456

    Web: http://www.wetpixelquarterly.com

    E-mail / Contact: http://www.wetpixelquarterly.com/contact/

     

    ###

     

    wpq2-cover500.jpg

    Edited by echeng
  2. On a personal note, I am really proud of this issue. We've gotten our workflow down, and all of the images look really good. Exactly one person gave us feedback about the (lack of) sharpness in the first issue. We've solved that problem. We also have a good copy-editing workflow now (although, Matt points out that we screwed up the shooting info in his images. DOH!).

     

    Special thanks to all of the Wetpixel staff. Without them, this would not be possible!!

    Edited by echeng
  3. I got my copy already..

     

    Looks great!

     

    Nice work to you and Eli

  4. I got my copy already..

     

    Looks great!

     

    Nice work to you and Eli

     

     

     

    ...but I'm still waiting!

  5. ...but I'm still waiting!

     

    everything travels faster in tropics

  6. I got mine, and I have to say I am not only impressed with the quality of the reproductions in the mag (well worth the money!), but I am REALLY impressed by the quality of work by Wetpixel "staff" (moderators, etc.). You have assembled an exceptionally talented group of people. Aside from the benefit of their advice and examples, that should provide all of us with confidence that the decisions you all make here at Wetpixel are backed by substantial depth of experience and real skill in uw photography.

  7. Still waiting on mine, but did get the shipping confirmation email, so not too worried. Just impatiently wanting to see it. :blush:

  8. I got my copy and it is as impressive as the first edition. The editors have set a high bar and it is going to be tough for them to meet it each time. So far so good!

  9. Still waiting for mine ;)

  10. I ordered two copies. I'm going to give a copy to the manager of Divi Dive Bonaire where the Digital Shootout was held in June '07. Here I met J. Watt, Eric, B. White, etc. We had a great time & I think this issue will be appreciated. I will see many people @ our dive show, Beneath the Sea, in NJ @ the end of March.

  11. Hey guys. We're looking for letters to the editor about issue #2 (or #1, if you didn't get your words in last time). You can leave them with us here in this thread or over at our our contact form. Thank you!

     

    All comments welcomed, both good and bad.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.