Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Cleaning acrylic port

Started by matt2jo ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Cleaning acrylic port

3 posts
  1. Hello, I have an acrylic dome port that needs a bit of a clean. I rinse it off well after a dive but it seems to get a little bit of a film on it or a bit of oil from possibly my hand accidenlty touching it. Can anyone recommend a product to use to clean it and what kind of cloth to use so it will not scratch. The other problem I have is no matter how careful I am inserting and removing the camera from the housing I still seem to get bits of lint etc on the inside of the dome. Is there any special way to clean this?

     

    Thanks,

     

    Matt

  2. For the dust part: http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showt...6&hl=inside

     

    cleaning can be with any lens cloth or microfibre. If it is just a little skin oil you might want to use a mild soap.

     

     

    Thanks for the reply, I will check out the link also.

     

    thanks,

     

    Matt

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.