Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon G3

Started by mmm ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon G3

4 posts
  1. Hi, according to the Ikelite's website, wide-angle

    lenses (Inon or Sea+Sea) cannot be used with their

    housing for Canon G3 because of vignetting. Does

    anybody have any idea if this is a problem

    intrinsic to the camera, so one can't even hope

    for it to be solved, or some other housing / lens

    may be OK?

     

    (I'm new to U/W photography; shopping for a new

    camera and my first housing. G3 is my first choice

    for a camera, to be used mostly in air and only

    occasionally U/W. Ikelite's seems to be the only

    housing available, at least for a tolerable price,

    but I'd like to be able to experiment with a

    wide-angle lens.)

     

    Would be grateful for any advice

    mmm

     

    P.S. Want G3 over S45/S50 because of its bigger

    lens (needs less powerful, cheaper strobe) + its

    continuous AF.

  2. Hi mmm

     

    sorry but where did you see this vignetting story on Ikelite's web site? I cannot find it !

    (and I am interested in purchasing a W/A lens for my G2... I am concerned!!)

     

    Thanks

  3. In fact there is no vignetting with G2. Only with G3.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.