Gus (and others),
If I rant on in this post forgive me............Just sharing an explanation of TTL and modern digital SLR cameras for the umpteenth time.....
In any of the popular digital SLR cameras shooting in "M" manual mode where you set a shutter speed (mainly for background lightness or darkness) and then f-stop for strobe to subject distance STILL works with Ikelite's housing circuitry and strobe heads set to TTL. F-stop, ISO chosen plus strobe to subject distance are the key parameters.
Gus, an Ikelite DS125, DS200 or DS50/51 will not be able to put out enough flash even dumping full power to illuminate your subject at f29. A guide sticker that comes with every strobe shows at what ISO, at what f-stop automatic TTL flash will work. You just have to stay within the range for a set f-stop and the strobe(s) and camera talk to one another.
People who say TTL doesn't work with wide angle have never shot an Ikelite housed Nikon or Canon dSLR with Ikelite strobes. It works, even with blue water in part of the frame exactly the same as TTL on the surface shooting a dedicated flash and having sky in the upper 1/3 of a photo.
Most shooters simply don't get close enough so the flash can reflect off the part they want TTL flash to light, and thus the strobe dumps full power because it can't stop this if 2/3 of your frame is water! Thus no reflected light coming back to the camera to tell it to "quench" or stop the flash so as not to overexpose the image.
Doug Perrine, Dave Fleetham and others I know use TTL on wide angle and medium to close up shooting all the time. I do, too. Below is a photo I lit via TTL with ONE DS51 !!!! Shooting a Tokina 10-17mm FISHEYE lens at 10mm. Again, TTL works when you know how to use it.
Again, apologies for the rant, and I know not all UW shooters have TTL in their systems. But you do, Gus, and simply need to use it as hopefully I've described. It'll save you a lot of headaches and produce better photos........
Rant over 
dhaas
www.haasimages.com
P.S. - I also don't understand why people up their ISO so much in tropical conditions. I rarely shoot above ISO200 and then more very early or late in the day. Plus the age old obsession of shooting such high f-stops to what, maximize depth of field? It's an AF (auto-focus) camera for crying out loud! So you hopefully know what main point of focus your camera locked in on before pulling the trigger 
Also, unless you are shooting super tele-macro shots the difference between F11 and F22 is so slight as to not be noticed. Again, same old, techniques from the days of film.
