Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Nudi ID

Started by Lndr ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Nudi ID

4 posts
  1. Hoping someone can ID these two sea slugs, both from Jervis Bay, found and photographed by Matt ...

     

    This nudi I have tentatively called a Berthella :)

     

    post-1321-1201700636_thumb.jpg

     

    and this slug I have pretty much settled on unknown (... to me!)

     

    post-1321-1201700683_thumb.jpg

     

    thanx

    Leander

  2. No. 1 is not a Berthella...likely a Hallaxa. You can see the gills centrally located on the dorsum; a Berthella is a side gilled slug. If Leslie doesn't get to this, I'll have a look for possibilities later, as I'm late for work! No. 2 does not appear to have rhinophores.....could it be a flatworm? There look to be pseudorhinophores.

    Cheers,

    Marli

    Edited by scubamarli
  3. Hi Leander -- Take a look at Hallaxa michaeli http://www.seaslugforum.net/showall.cfm?base=hallmich To me it looks pretty close. Did Matt say if it was on Pyura overgrown with sponge? If I'm right Marli gets the credit -- I never would have guessed Hallaxa by myself.

     

    The second is a flatworm, either Acanthozoon or Thysanozoon, depending on whether there's one or two male pores. Determination requires having a specimen in hand.

  4. Thanks guys :)

     

    ... i knew Bethella was wrong :) , but I trolled all through the ssf and didn't come up with anything :(

     

    I'll ask Matt about the sponge, does look like the one on pyura.

     

    thanks again :lol:

    Leander

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.