Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon Zoom Choice?

Started by bobjarman ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon Zoom Choice?

4 posts
  1. What are you all using for your "Normal Lens"

     

    I shot with a 28-80 IV el cheapo with my last camera, and despite its reputation for junk was pleased with the results.

     

    Question now is whether to go with that lens, the 24-80 or some other lens as a "standard Lens".

     

    I already have a 16-35 that I can cram into an ikelite port is I give up the zoom for wide angle and a 100 Macro. I want something that will serve for just floating around and shooting?

  2. The 24-85mm is supposed to have good image quality. Knock on that one is that it isn't constructed extremely well. The 28-105 (the f3.5-4.5 version) is what I started with (because I already had it as a land lens) before moving on to a 20-35mm for wide angle and a 90mm Tamron f2.8 for macro . . .

     

    Mike

  3. Mike, did the 28-105 fit in the port easily with the gear?

  4. Yes. It's not that wide. It fit much better than the 20-35mm anyway. Had to get the rings shaved for that one . . .

     

    Mike

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.